Are you thinking about replacing your commercial batch mixing operations and looking to add automated processes? Exact Mixing is dedicated to solving your most complex mixing challenges with our state-of-the-art Continuous Mixing systems.
Since 1994, Exact Mixing has delivered innovative Continuous Mixing solutions to a growing number of customers and industries around the globe. Our full line of mixer models and sizes can successfully mix a wide range of baked food and snack products.
Continuous mixing is not right for every application, but neither is batch mixing. If you currently have several batch mixers feeding one large production line, we can help you decide if Continuous Mixing could improve your process.
Industrial mixing involves four main operations:
- Delivering bulk ingredients (typically flour) to the mixing area;
- Measuring ingredients to place in the mixer;
- Mixing the ingredients into a dough;
- Handling the dough when it exits the mixer.
In the batch mixing process, these four operations are often treated, designed, and implemented separately.
Continuous Mixing, on the other hand, integrates all four operations into a single, uninterrupted process. The automated system is self-monitoring and self-correcting, requiring less labor and energy than batch mixing.
Metering systems are accurate and designed for accuracies of ±0.25% or better. Products with very low to very high dough moisture levels are uniformly mixed without generating excessive heat. Dough is discharged from the mixer in a constant stream instead of in one large batch every 10 to 15 minutes.
Continuous Mixing Applications
Practically any product you can make with a batch mixer can be made with a Continuous Mixer. No single type of batch mixer is ideal for all products, and the same is true for continuous mixers. This is why Exact Mixing offers a wide range of continuous mixer models.
The MX Continuous Mixer is our most versatile mixer. It:
- Offers dough production rates from 500 to 6,000 kg/hour
- Is an excellent choice for a wide range of products, such as cookies, snacks, pizza, batters, icings, and pastes
- Is ideal as a first stage mixer for processes that require crème-up and pre-blend stages;
The EX Continuous Mixer:
- Offers dough production rates from 50 to 10,000 kg/hour
- Uniformly mixes doughs that have a variety of moisture levels
- Is ideal for low-absorption, stiff, wheat-based doughs, such as crackers, bagels, pretzels, sweet goods, and pet treats
- Offers dough production rates from 1,500 to 10,000 kg/hour
- Is specifically designed for the manufacture of highly developed dough at low temperatures
- Is ideal for ultra-high absorption doughs, including buns, bread, rolls, English muffins, tortillas, and similar products.
The FX Continuous Mixer:
- Offers dough production rates from 100 to 1,250 kg/hour
- Is designed to evenly distribute small amounts of moisture into large quantities of powder by lifting the powder into atomized liquids
- Is ideal for hydroscopic powders such as potato flakes used to make fabricated potato chips or any other low moisture mixtures
The LDX Continuous Mixer:
- Offers dough production rates from 1,500 to 7,500 kg/hour
- Features 2-stage mixing for products that benefit from creme up and final mixing stages
- Is ideal for most types of cookies and any application where ingredients need to be blended before the flour is added
Discover the advantages of Exact Mixing Continuous Mixers if you are looking for an automated method of batch mixing. Call our Robesonia, Pennsylvania headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816 or click here to contact us online.