Continuous Mixing is the process of continuously metering ingredients directly into the mixing chamber and as a result, generating a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. The mixing may be done in stages to ensure all ingredients are incorporated properly. The Continuous Mixing process eliminates the problems associated with batch cycles and produces a consistent product all day, every day.
A mixer is only as reliable as the materials handling and metering systems that supply it. Exact Mixing specializes in fitting materials handling systems to Continuous Mixing Systems in order to make your entire system user friendly and reliable. Our mixers are designed using Loss-in-Weight technology – the most accurate feeding technology available. And all metering and mixing procedures are monitored and initiated by the control system so the operator is always able to confirm and modify as needed.
Exact Mixing offers a variety of mixer models to mix different types of products successfully. Production volumes range from 50 kg/hour to over 10,000 kg/hour. This can be accomplished in an almost employee free operational environment adding significant cost savings and value. Results can be fine-tuned and repeated day in and day out while the history of production can be monitored and saved electronically so that manufacturing data from the past can be reviewed and examined.
Continuous Mixing has many advantages over batch mixing. Here is a list of proven advantages we have seen in recent installations.
- Consistent finished product weight, size and texture
- Eliminates variables due to batch process
- Even hydration of dough
- Better integration of minor ingredients
- High production rates with one mixer
- One mixer can feed multiple lines
- Self-monitoring and self-correcting system
- Quick and easy changeovers
- Easy to sanitize, maintain, clean and inspect, due to its clamshell design
- Consistent, steady supply of dough
- Dough leaves mixer in usable size loaves
- Can be operated with less labor and energy than batch mixing
- Requires little training to operate, due to its user-friendly interface control panel
- Excellent traceability
- Error elimination
- Eliminates chance of contamination
- Simplifies the mixing process and dough feed equipment
- Smaller footprint than batch mixers, which saves space, money and energy
- Achieve verifiable kill temperatures (pet foods)