Exact Mixing offers the most advanced mixing equipment used in commercial bakeries. Explore the types of equipment we offer, and find out how it can improve product consistency, reduce waste, and increase yields.
How Batch and Continuous Mixing Compare
Material delivery systems: The delivery systems that deliver bulk materials to the mixer are the same for batch and continuous mixing, but adding raw materials to a Continuous Mixer is more accurate than with a batch mixer in almost every case.
Measuring materials: Getting a “proper size” batch of ingredients to the batch mixer often requires extra weighing equipment and controls. With a Continuous Mixer, all metering is done at the mixer itself, which leads to more automation, greater accuracy, and a significant cost savings in the long term.
Mixing: Studies show that Continuous Mixing eliminates the problems associated with batch cycles and produces a consistent product all day, every day. In terms of cost, batch mixing is slightly less expensive than continuous mixing at the lowest production rates (500 to 1500 pounds per hour). At higher rates, continuous mixing is less expensive, and the savings increase as production rates increase.
Batch sizes: Batch mixers make large “batches” of dough and manufacturers need additional equipment to resize them. This requires more time and unnecessary exposure to the environment where contamination can occur. In contrast, dough exits Continuous Mixers in a continuous stream that can be sliced automatically into usable size loaves by the mixer.
Exact Mixing Continuous Mixing Solutions
Continuous Mixing is the process of continuously metering ingredients directly into the mixing chamber and generating a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. The mixing may be done in stages to ensure all ingredients are properly incorporated.
The Exact Mixing MX Continuous Mixer is our most versatile mixer. It:
- Is an excellent mixer for a wide range of products, including cookies, snacks, pizza, batters, icings, and pastes
- Is ideal as a first stage mixer for processes that require creme up and pre-blend stages
- Has dough production rates of 500 to 6,000 kg/hour
- Uniformly mixes doughs with a variety of moisture levels
- Is ideal for low-absorption, stiff, wheat-based doughs, including crackers, bagels, pretzels, sweet goods, and pet treats
- Has dough production rates of 50 to 10,000 kg/hour
- Is designed specifically for manufacturing highly developed dough at low temperatures
- Is ideal for ultra-high absorption doughs, such as buns, bread, rolls, English muffins, tortillas, and similar products.
- Has dough production rates of 1,500 to 10,000 kg/hour
- Is designed to evenly distribute small amounts of moisture into large amounts of powder by lifting the powder into atomized liquids
- Is ideal for hydroscopic powders such as potato flakes used to make fabricated potato chips or any other low moisture mixtures
- Has dough production rates of 100 to 1,250 kg/hour
- Features two-stage mixing for products that have crème-up and final mixing stages
- Is ideal for most types of cookies and any application where ingredients need to be blended before adding flour
- Has dough production rates of 1,500 to 7,500 kg/hour
As an industrial continuous mixer and kneader manufacturer, Exact Mixing offers the most advanced types of equipment used in commercial bakeries. Find out how our equipment can improve product consistency, reduce waste, and increase yields. Call our Robesonia, Pennsylvania headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816 or click here to contact us online.