Virtually any product you can make with a batch mixer can be made with a Continuous Mixer. If you are evaluating pet treat manufacturing equipment, discover what Continuous Mixing can do to help improve the consistency of your products and simplify your mixing process.
Exact Mixing, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, is the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. Since 1994, we have solved complex mixing challenges for customers across the globe.
About Continuous Mixing
Mixing dough involves four key steps:
- Delivering bulk ingredients (typically flour) to the mixing area;
- Measuring ingredients placed in the mixer;
- Mixing the ingredients into a dough;
- Handling the dough as it exits the mixer.
In a batch mixing process, these four key operations are often designed and implemented separately, while Continuous Mixing integrates all four operations into a single, streamlined process.
Bulk delivery, metering, mixing and dough handling become a consistent, uninterrupted process. Metering systems are designed for accuracies of ±0.25% or better. Products with very low to very high dough moisture levels are uniformly mixed without generating excessive heat. Dough is discharged from the mixer in a constant stream instead of in one large batch every 10 to 15 minutes.
Continuous mixing is not the right choice for every application, but neither is batch mixing. If you currently have several batch mixers feeding one large production line, we can help you decide if Continuous Mixing could improve your process.
Benefits of Continuous Mixing
The benefits of Continuous Mixing include:
- Consistent weight, size and texture of finished product
- Better integration of minor ingredients
- Even dough hydration
- High production rates with one mixer
- One mixer can feed multiple lines
- Automated self-monitoring and self-correcting system
- Requires less labor and energy than batch mixing
- Quick and easy changeovers
- Dough leaves mixer in usable size loaves
- Clamshell design makes it easy to sanitize, maintain, clean and inspect
- User-friendly interface control panel simplifies training
- Excellent traceability
- Improves food safety; eliminates chance of contamination
- Simplifies the mixing process and dough feed equipment
- Achieve verifiable kill temperatures (pet foods/treats)
Continuous Mixing for Pet Snacks and Treats
Continuous Mixing means that ingredients are continuously metered directly into the mixing chamber, generating a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. Mixing can also be done in stages to ensure that all ingredients are properly incorporated.
In addition to crackers, pretzels, pie crusts, bagels, sweet goods, and other wheat-based snacks, the Exact Mixing EX Continuous Mixer is the perfect mixer for pet treats.
Our process is ideal not only because the products are well mixed, but because they are also heated to the proper kill temperature in the mixer. The dough can be quickly heated to the kill temperature within a range or 1 degree and then cooled. This is done automatically and with no handling or manual transporting of the dough. The EX mixer offers dough production rates up to 7,500 kg/hour.
A complete Exact Mixing Continuous Mixing System includes the mixer, blender, materials handling and ingredients metering equipment, and a control system that monitors and distributes product between them. We provide complete systems, testing and installation supervision.
Get in touch with Exact Mixing at (01) 610.693.5816 or contact us online to explore our Continuous Mixing equipment for your pet treat manufacturing line and discover what will work best for your process.