As you evaluate mixing equipment for your industrial bakery, consider the innovative Continuous Mixers from Exact Mixing. Almost any product you can make with a batch mixer can be made on an Exact Mixing Continuous Mixer, but with better results.
Exact Mixing is dedicated to solving any complex mixing challenges you may have. We can help you reduce labor, cut costs, improve product consistency, and simplify your mixing process. We offer a full line of mixer models and sizes that will successfully mix a wide variety of food products.
How Are Batch and Continuous Mixing Different?
Batch mixing is a process in which the ingredients for one batch are loaded (either at once or in a pre-defined sequence), mixed, and discharged from the mixer before another batch is introduced.
Continuous Mixing, on the other hand, is the process of continuously metering ingredients directly into the mixing chamber and generating a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. The mixing may be done in stages to ensure all ingredients are properly incorporated.
Exact Mixing Continuous Mixing Solutions
The Exact Mixing MX Continuous Mixer is our most versatile mixer. It:
- Is an excellent mixer for a wide range of products, including cookies, snacks, pizza, batters, icings, and pastes
- Is ideal as a first stage mixer for processes that require creme up and pre-blend stages
- Has dough production rates of 500 to 6,000 kg/hour
The Exact Mixing EX Continuous Mixer:
- Uniformly mixes doughs with a variety of moisture levels
- Is ideal for low-absorption, stiff, wheat-based doughs, including crackers, bagels, pretzels, sweet goods, and pet treats
- Has dough production rates of 50 to 10,000 kg/hour
The Exact Mixing HDX or High Development Continuous Mixer:
- Is designed specifically for manufacturing highly developed dough at low temperatures
- Is ideal for ultra-high absorption doughs, such as buns, bread, rolls, English muffins, tortillas, and similar products.
- Has dough production rates of 1,500 to 10,000 kg/hour
The Exact Mixing FX Continuous Mixer:
- Is designed to evenly distribute small amounts of moisture into large amounts of powder by lifting the powder into atomized liquids
- Is ideal for hydroscopic powders such as potato flakes used to make fabricated potato chips or any other low moisture mixtures
- Has dough production rates of 100 to 1,250 kg/hour
The Exact LDX Continuous Mixer:
- Features two-stage mixing for products that have crème-up and final mixing stages
- Is ideal for most types of cookies and any application where ingredients need to be blended before adding flour
- Has dough production rates of 1,500 to 7,500 kg/hour
Are Continuous Mixing Systems Expensive?
Continuous Mixing Systems are almost always initially higher in cost than batch mixers. This is primarily because the Continuous Mixer requires an ingredient feeder in order to meter raw materials entering the mixer.
But cost of operation and ownership is almost always less expensive than batch mixing. Continuous Mixing payback opportunities come from greater yield, increased throughput, better consistency, reduced manpower, reduced downstream handling equipment, and lower energy usage.
For nearly 30 years, Exact Mixing has developed innovative industrial bakery mixers that are ideal for bakeries in the baked snack, cookie, cracker, sweet goods, pizza, tortilla, pet treat and bread and buns industries. Call our Robesonia, Pennsylvania headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816 to learn more.