If your bakery production line equipment includes a traditional batch mixer, you may be interested in Continuous Mixing equipment from Exact Mixing that can help you reduce labor, cut costs, improve consistency and simplify your mixing process.
Since 1994, Exact Mixing has delivered innovative Continuous Mixing solutions to a growing number of customers and industries. Our full line of mixer models and sizes can successfully mix a wide variety of baked food and snack products.
Continuous mixing is not right for every application, but neither is batch mixing. If you currently have several batch mixers feeding one large production line, we can help you decide if Continuous Mixing could improve your process.
What is Continuous Mixing?
Industrial mixing consists of four primary operations:
- Delivering bulk ingredients (typically flour) to the mixing area
- Measuring ingredients placed in the mixer
- Mixing the ingredients into a dough
- Handling the dough as it exits the mixer.
In the batch mixing process, these four operations are often treated, designed, and implemented separately.
In the Continuous Mixing process, all four operations are integrated into a single process. Bulk delivery, metering, mixing and dough handling become a consistent, uninterrupted process. Metering systems are accurate and designed for accuracies of ±0.25% or better. Products with very low to very high dough moisture levels are uniformly mixed without generating excessive heat. Dough is discharged from the mixer in a constant stream instead of in one large batch every 10 to 15 minutes.
Exact Continuous Mixer Models
Exact Mixing offer production volumes that range from 50 kg/hour to over 10,000 kg/hour. The models include:
- Exact Mixing MX Continuous Mixer – Our most versatile mixer is ideal for a wide range of products including pizza, cookies, snacks, batters, icings, and pastes. It is also an ideal first stage mixer for processes that require creme up and pre-blend stages.
- Exact Mixing EX Continuous Mixer – This mixer is ideal for crackers, pretzels, pie crusts, sweet goods, pet treats and a variety of other wheat-based snacks. It uniformly mixes products with a variety of dough moisture levels, reduces lay time, eliminates dough troughs, and reduces labor and energy thanks to full automation.
- Exact Mixing HDX Continuous Mixer – The HDX mixer is designed specifically to manufacture highly developed dough at low temperatures and is an excellent choice for ultra-high absorption doughs, such as buns, breads, rolls, English muffins and similar products.
If you are ready to explore Exact Continuous Mixing equipment for your specific products, visit with our team at the Reading Bakery Systems Science & Innovation Center in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, USA.
A dedicated Continuous Mixing area features all of the Exact Mixer models, and various size mixers are available for Innovation Center work or in-plant demonstrations. Our Innovation Center Continuous Mixing area also includes an automated bulk handling system, a horizontal dry blender, gravimetric dry feeders and mass flow liquid systems.
Customers can work with our team to test machinery and processing techniques; develop new products; and produce market samples for testing.
Discover the benefits of integrating one of Exact Mixing’s unparalleled Continuous Mixers as part of your bakery production line equipment and explore how it can help improve your products and process. Call our Robesonia, Pennsylvania headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816 or click here to contact us online.