Let’s explore the advantages and disadvantages of both planetary mixers and Exact Continuous Mixers to decide which mixing equipment may be the best choice for your commercial bakery.
A Reading Bakery Systems brand, Exact Mixing is the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. For nearly 30 years, we have been solving complex mixing challenges for customers around the globe, helping them eliminate problems associated with batch mixing and produce consistent products all day, every day.
Planetary Mixer 101
Named for the way the mixer revolves around the center of the bowl like a planet around the sun, the planetary mixer’s bowl stays in place while the blades rotate rapidly around individual shafts and a center axis.
These “all-purpose” mixers typically come with a removable whip, beater, and hook attachments that make them very versatile. Planetary mixers can help you prepare a wide range of food products, from icings and mashed potatoes to cookies, pizza, and pet treats.
- Designed for intense mixing
- Can beat mixtures of any viscosity
- Produces less airy dough
- Can add unwelcome heat to doughs
- Mixing level from top to bottom may not be uniform
- Some areas of the dough batch may be underdeveloped
If you primarily manufacture pizza dough, artisan breads, or baked goods, an Exact Mixing Continuous Mixer may be the right tool for you!
Continuous Mixer 101
In the Continuous Mixing process, ingredients are metered directly into the mixing chamber and generate a continuous stream of mixed product when exiting the mixer. Mixing can be done in stages to ensure that all ingredients are properly incorporated. Metering systems are designed for accuracies of ±0.25% or better.
Customers can uniformily mix products with dough moisture levels ranging from very low to very high in the Continuous Mixer without creating excessive heat. Dough is discharged from the mixer in a constant stream instead of in a songle. large batch every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Even dough hydration
- Consistent weight, size, and texture of the finished product
- Better integration of minor ingredients
- Feed multiple lines with one mixer
- Automated self-monitoring and self-correcting systems
- Requires less labor and energy than batch mixing
- Improves food safety; design eliminates chances of contamination
- Achieve verifiable kill temperatures (pet foods)
- Higher investment costs than other mixers
Exact Continuous Mixers
At Exact Mixing, we offer a variety of mixer models for a wide range of products. Production volumes range from 50 kg/hour to more than 10,000 kg/hour and can be accomplished in a nearly employee-free environment, which increases cost savings.
Are you evaluating planetary mixers vs. Continuous Mixers for your commercial bakery? Exact Mixing can help you make an educated decision on which type of mixing equipment may better suit your needs. Call us at (01) 610-693-5816 or contact us online to discuss the options.