If you are interested in improving hydration during the mixing process in your bakery production lines, look no further than Continuous Mixing equipment from Exact Mixing.
Exact Mixing, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, is the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. Since 1994, we have been solving complex mixing challenges for customers across the globe, enabling them to eliminate the problems associated with batch mixing and produce consistent products all day, every day.
Why Choose a Continuous Mixer?
Continuous Mixing is the process of continuously metering ingredients directly into the mixing chamber and generating a continuous stream of mixed dough at the exit of the mixer. The mixing can be done in stages to ensure all ingredients are properly incorporated.
Advantages of Continuous Mixing over batch mixing include:
- Consistent finished product weight, size, and texture
- Eliminates variables caused by the batch process
- Promotes even dough hydration
- Dough leaves mixer in usable size loaves
- One mixer can feed multiple lines
- Self-monitoring and self-correcting system
- Easy to sanitize, maintain, clean and inspect, due to its clamshell design
- Eliminates chances of contamination
- Achieves verifiable kill temperatures (pet foods)
- Can be operated with less labor and energy than batch mixing
- Requires little training to operate thanks to a user-friendly interface control panel
When combined with a Continuous Mixer, Exact Mixing Hydrobond Technology brings liquids and a dry ingredient stream (typically flour) together quickly before it enters the mixer, without adding heat to the dough.
The dough is mixed on a particle-to-particle basis, based on the principle that mixing smaller amounts of liquid and dry ingredients together at one time is more efficient and results in more uniformly hydrated dough.
Hydrobond technology can be used with a pre-hydration system to mix flour, minors and water directly into a brew holding tank, and may also be retrofitted to existing systems.
Almost any product that can be made with a traditional batch mixer can be made on a Continuous Mixer. There is no single type of batch mixer that is ideal for all products; the same is true for Continuous Mixers. This is why Exact Mixing offers a range of continuous mixer models. Our mixer models include (but are not limited to):
- Exact Mixing HDX Continuous Mixer – The HDX mixer is designed specifically to manufacture highly developed dough at low temperatures and is an excellent choice for ultra-high absorption doughs, such as buns, breads, rolls, English muffins and similar products.
- Exact Mixing EX Continuous Mixer – This mixer is ideal for crackers, pretzels, pie crusts, sweet goods, pet treats and a variety of other wheat-based snacks. It uniformly mixes products with a variety of dough moisture levels, reduces lay time, eliminates dough troughs, and reduces labor and energy thanks to full automation.
- Exact Mixing MX Continuous Mixer – Our most versatile mixer is ideal for a wide range of products including pizza, cookies, snacks, batters, icings, and pastes. It is also an ideal first stage mixer for processes that require creme up and pre-blend stages.
Improving dough hydration during the mixing process is one of the many benefits of Exact Mixing’s Continuous Mixers for your bakery production lines. Call our Robesonia, Pennsylvania headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816 or contact us online.