Do you have problems with dough that is not properly hydrated? Continuous Mixing promotes better dough hydration and offers many other benefits that will help improve your products and your process.
Exact Mixing, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, is the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. We are dedicated to solving complex mixing challenges for customers across the globe and have installed more than 100 Continuous Mixers worldwide.
Throughout 25 years of research and technical development, we have developed mixing solutions for the baked snack, cookie, cracker, sweet goods, pizza, tortilla, and bread and buns industries. We also offer Continuous Mixing solutions for non-bakery items, such as protein bars, peanut butter, icing and pet treats.
What is Continuous Mixing?
Industrial mixing involves four primary operations:
- Delivering bulk ingredients (typically flour) to the mixing area;
- Measuring ingredients placed in the mixer;
- Mixing the ingredients into a dough;
- Handling the dough as it exits the mixer.
In a batch mixing process, these four operations are often treated, designed and implemented separately. Continuous Mixing, on the other hand, integrates all four operations into a single, streamlined process.
Bulk delivery, metering, mixing and dough handling become a consistent, uninterrupted process. Metering systems are accurate and designed for accuracies of ±0.25% or better. Products with very low to very high dough moisture levels are uniformly mixed without generating excessive heat. Dough is discharged from the mixer in a constant stream instead of in one large batch every 10 to 15 minutes.
The many benefits of Continuous Mixing include:
- Even dough hydration
- Consistent weight, size and texture of finished product
- Better integration of minor ingredients
- High production rates with one mixer
- One mixer can feed multiple lines
- Automated self-monitoring and self-correcting system
- Requires less labor and energy than batch mixing
- Quick and easy changeovers
- Dough leaves the mixer in usable size loaves
- Clamshell design makes it easy to sanitize, maintain, clean and inspect
- User-friendly interface control panel simplifies training
- Excellent traceability
- Improves food safety; eliminates chance of contamination
- Simplifies the mixing process and dough feed equipment
- Achieve verifiable kill temperatures (pet foods)
Exact Mixing Hydrobond Technology helps efficiently combine liquid and dry ingredient streams (typically flour) quickly and with little temperature gain.
- Dry materials are added between the housing wall and the turning shaft. Blades attached to the outside of the shaft divide the dry stream into individual particles.
- Liquid ingredients travel down through the shaft and exit through holes near the bottom. The shaft turns rapidly, so the liquid is slung from the shaft and forms a disk in a horizontal plane.
- The individual dry particles fall through the horizontal plane.
- The hydrated mixture discharges out the bottom of the shaft and is fed into the continuous mixer or brew system.
To improve dough hydration, discover the many benefits of Exact Mixing’s unrivaled range of mixers and explore how Continuous Mixing can improve your products and process. Call our Robesonia, Pennsylvania headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816 or contact us online.