If your business involves manufacturing cookies, take advantage of Continuous Mixers from Exact Mixing that were designed primarily for cookie production.
Since 1994, Exact Mixing, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, has solved complex mixing challenges for customers across the globe. With our equipment and expertise, we can help you reduce labor, cut costs, improve consistency and simplify your mixing process.
What is Continuous Mixing?
There are four main operations in the mixing process:
- Delivering bulk ingredients (typically flour) to the mixing area;
- Measuring ingredients placed in the mixer;
- Mixing the ingredients into a dough;
- Handling the dough as it exits the mixer.
The batch mixing process typically treats these four operations separately. Continuous Mixing, on the other hand, integrates all four operations into a single, streamlined process so that bulk delivery, metering, mixing, and dough handling become a consistent, uninterrupted process.
Continuous Mixing metering systems are designed for accuracies of ±0.25% or better. Products with very low to very high dough moisture levels are uniformly mixed without generating excessive heat. Dough is discharged from the mixer in a constant stream instead of in one large batch every 10 to 15 minutes.
Benefits of Exact Continuous Mixers
- Consistent & Repeatable Dough, All Day, Every Day: Continuous Mixing eliminates undesirable dough variations that result from batch-to-batch mixing.
- Precise Dry Materials Metering: Exact Mixing Systems are designed with gravimetric, Loss-in-Weight technology, the most accurate feeding technology available.
- Easy Sanitation and Maintenance: The mixer’s distinctive clam shell design provides easy access for sanitation and maintenance.
- Guaranteed Food Safety: The chances of contamination are eliminated because the Continuous Mixing process prevents dough from being exposed to the environment.
Continuous mixing is not right for every application, but neither is batch mixing. If you currently have several batch mixers feeding one large production line, we can help you decide if Continuous Mixing could improve your process.
LDX Continuous Mixer
The Exact LDX Continuous Mixer is designed for cookies (and other applications) where ingredients need to be blended before adding flour. All ingredients (except flour) are combined in the crème-up stage, and special mixing elements cut the fat into the other ingredients. The flour is added before the development stage where the final dough is created. The LDX Continuous Mixer offers dough production rates up to 9,000 kg/hour.
EX Continuous Mixer
The Exact EX Continuous Mixer is designed specifically for mixing low- to mid-absorption, fully developed cookie doughs, including wirecut cookies, rotary moulded cookies, and deposited cookies. The thorough mixing action quickly develops strong bonds in gluten strands. Peak development and consistent delivery of dough at the optimum temperature is achieved through a precise combination of speeds in the mixing and developing sections of the mixer. The EX Continuous Mixer offers dough production rates up to 7,500 kg/hour.
If you have sought innovative mixing equipment for cookie manufacturing, consider Exact Mixing systems. We are the world’s leading supplier of Continuous Mixers for the food industry. Call us at (01) 610-693-5816 or contact us online to discover the advantages.