If the bread production process in your commercial bakery involves a traditional batch mixer, you may be interested in Continuous Mixing equipment from Exact Mixing. We have the expertise to help you reduce labor, cut costs, improve consistency, and simplify your mixing process.
Exact Mixing, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, is the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. Since 1994, we have solved complex mixing challenges for customers across the globe, enabling them to eliminate the problems associated with batch mixing and produce consistent products all day, every day.
Advantages of Continuous Mixing
Continuous Mixing is the process of continuously metering ingredients directly into the mixing chamber and generating a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. The mixing may be done in stages to ensure all ingredients are properly incorporated.
- Produces a steady supply of uniform dough with consistent finished product weight, size, and texture
- Eliminates dough variations caused by the batch process
- Eliminates surface imperfections
- Dough is evenly hydrated
- Improves reliability and repeatability
- Accommodates “within spec” flour variations
- Maximizes water absorption
- Creates consistent bun and roll shapes
- Eliminates dough contamination
- Quick and easy sanitation
- Reduces cost of ingredients, improves yield
- Reduces labor and peak energy demand
- Eliminates mixer loading errors
- Easy to learn and operate
- Allows consistent time between mixing and further processing
- Dough exits the mixer in usable sized loaves without the need for additional equipment
- Based on higher dough production rates of 2,000 or more pounds/hour, the cost is equal to or less than the cost of a batch mixer.
Continuous Mixing for Bread Production
Exact Mixing has specifically developed the HDX Continuous Mixer for ultra-high absorption, highly developed dough, including breads, hamburger and hot dog buns, hard rolls, English muffins, tortillas, multi-grain products, and other similar products.
This High Development Continuous Mixer is designed to manufacture highly developed dough at low temperatures. The HDX Mixer, a 2-stage system, provides precise and uninterrupted ingredient metering to the mixer and mixes all ingredients into a uniform mass with a twin-screw mixer in the first stage. In the second stage, the dough is kneaded to the proper development level with a single screw mixer.
The HDX Mixer offers dough production rates from 1,500 to 10,000 kg/hour.
Science & Innovation Center
If you would like to see your products mixed in a continuous process, we encourage you to visit the Reading Bakery Systems Science & Innovation Center in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania.
A dedicated Continuous Mixing area in the Center features all Exact Mixer models, including the HDX Mixer (high development), EX Mixer (single-screw), MX Mixer (twin-screw), and FX Mixer (high shear).
Customers can also explore our automated bulk handling system, a horizontal dry blender, gravimetric dry feeders and mass flow liquid systems.
Discover what a difference Continuous Mixing equipment from Exact Mixing can make for your bakery in product consistency, waste reduction, and better yields for your bread production. Get in touch with us at (01) 610.693.5816 or contact us online to learn more.