If you have considered replacing your batch mixing operation, discover the advantages of Exact Mixing’s Continuous Mixing process over the batch mixing process and understand how it can improve your baked goods and snack food production.
Exact Mixing, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, is the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. For 25 years, we have developed continuous mixing systems that are ideal for the baked snack, cookie, cracker, sweet goods, pizza, tortilla, pet treat and bread and buns industries. We also offer continuous mixing solutions for non-bakery items, such as protein bars, peanut butter, icing and pet treats.
About Industrial Mixing
Industrial mixing consists of four primary operations:
- Delivering bulk ingredients (e.g., flour) to the mixing area;
- Measuring ingredients placed in the mixer;
- Mixing the ingredients into a dough;
- Handling the dough as it exits the mixer.
In the batch mixing process, these four operations are usually handled separately. One batch is made and finished before the other is started. This means that each batch can produce different, and sometimes undesirable, results. In other words, there is no consistency.
Continuous Mixing, in comparison, integrates all four operations into one continuous process. Bulk delivery, metering, mixing, and dough handling become a cohesive, uninterrupted process. Metering systems are designed for accuracies of ±0.25% or better. Products with dough moisture levels that range from very low to very high can be uniformly mixed without generating excessive heat. Dough is discharged from the mixer in a constant stream instead of in one large batch every 10 to 15 minutes.
Although Continuous Mixing generally involves a higher initial investment cost, there are many long-term advantages. Continuous Mixing provides you with exceptional scaling accuracy due to the high-tech metering systems for dry and liquid ingredients. Other benefits include:
- Even dough hydration
- Consistent weight, size and texture of finished product
- Better integration of minor ingredients
- High production rates with one mixer
- One mixer can feed multiple lines
- Automated self-monitoring and self-correcting system
- Requires less labor and energy than batch mixing
- Quick and easy changeovers
- Dough leaves the mixer in usable size loaves
- Clamshell design makes it easy to sanitize, maintain, clean and inspect
- User-friendly interface control panel simplifies training
- Excellent traceability
- Improves food safety; eliminates chance of contamination
- Simplifies the mixing process and dough feed equipment
- Achieve verifiable kill temperatures (pet foods)
See It In Action
If you would like to explore which Exact Continuous Mixing equipment may be right for your products, visit with our team at the Reading Bakery Systems Science & Innovation Center in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, USA.
A dedicated Continuous Mixing area features all of the Exact Mixer models, including the EX Mixer (Single screw), MX Mixer (Twin screw), FX Mixer (High shear), and HDX Mixer (High development). Various size mixers are available for Innovation Center work or in-plant demonstrations.
Our Innovation Center Continuous Mixing area also includes an automated bulk handling system, a horizontal dry blender, gravimetric dry feeders and mass flow liquid systems. Customers can work with our team to test machinery and processing techniques; develop new products; and produce market samples for testing.
Discover the many benefits of Continuous Mixing over batch mixing and explore the many available mixer models from Exact Mixing. Call our Robesonia, Pennsylvania headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816 or contact us online.