Virtually any product you can make with a batch mixer can be made on a Continuous Mixer. Discover what Continuous Mixing can do to help improve the consistency of your products and simplify your mixing process.
Exact Mixing, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, is the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the baked food industry. Over the last 25 years, we have developed mixing solutions for the baked snack, cookie, cracker, sweet goods, pizza, tortilla, and bread and buns industries. We also offer Continuous Mixing solutions for non-bakery items, such as protein bars, peanut butter, icing and pet treats.
What is the Difference Between Batch and Continuous Mixing?
Batch mixing is a process in which the ingredients for one batch are loaded (either at once or in a pre-defined sequence), mixed, and discharged from the mixer before another batch is introduced. The time between batches often results in inconsistencies in batches due to processing variations and controlling mechanisms.
Continuous Mixing, on the other hand, is the process of continuously metering ingredients directly into the mixing chamber and generating a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. The mixing may be done in stages to ensure proper incorporation of all ingredients.
The benefits of Continuous Mixing include:
- Consistent weight, size and texture of finished product
- Better integration of minor ingredients
- Even dough hydration
- High production rates with one mixer
- One mixer can feed multiple lines
- Automated self-monitoring and self-correcting system
- Requires less labor and energy than batch mixing
- Quick and easy changeovers
- Dough leaves mixer in usable size loaves
- Clamshell design makes it easy to sanitize, maintain, clean and inspect
- User-friendly interface control panel simplifies training
- Excellent traceability
- Improves food safety; eliminates chance of contamination
- Simplifies the mixing process and dough feed equipment
- Achieve verifiable kill temperatures (pet foods)
At Exact Mixing, we design and supply metering systems to almost every Continuous Mixer we supply. Mixers are designed using Loss-in-Weight technology – the most accurate feeding technology available. And all metering and mixing procedures are monitored and initiated by the control system so the operator is always able to confirm and modify as needed.
We offer a variety of mixer models to mix different types of products successfully. Production volumes range from 50 kg/hour to over 10,000 kg/hour. This can be accomplished in an almost employee-free environment, which increases cost savings and value.
Try our Continuous Mixing Calculator to explore whether your process would be a good fit for continuous mixing.
With 25 years of commercial mixing experience, Exact Mixing offers a range of continuous mixers that are designed to meet your production needs. Call us at (01) 610-693-5816 or click here to contact us online to find out what our technologically advanced products can do for your operation.