Explore state-of-the-art production line equipment for wheat-based snacks from leading suppliers like Exact Mixing. We offer a complete line of Continuous Mixers for a wide range of food products and, since 1994, have solved complex mixing challenges for customers across the globe.
What is the Difference Between Batch and Continuous Mixing?
Batch mixing is a process in which ingredients for a single batch are loaded (either at once or in a pre-defined sequence), mixed, and discharged from the mixer before introducing another batch. The time between batches often results in inconsistencies in batches due to processing variations and controlling mechanisms.
In comparison, Continuous Mixing is the process of continuously metering ingredients directly into the mixing chamber and generating a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. This results in even dough hydration, better integration of minor ingredients, and eliminates the dough variables caused by batch mixing. One mixer can feed multiple lines and can be operated with less labor and energy than batch mixing.
Continuous Mixer Models
Virtually any product you can make with a batch mixer can be made on a Continuous Mixer. No single type of batch mixer is ideal for all products, and the same is true for Continuous Mixers. This is why Exact Mixing offers a comprehensive line of mixer models and sizes, such as:
- Exact MX Continuous Mixer is our most versatile mixer and is suitable for a wide range of products including cookies, snacks, batters, icings, pretzels, pizza and pastes. This mixer offers dough production rates up to 8,000 kg/hour.
- Exact EX Continuous Mixer is an excellent choice for low-absorption, stiff, wheat-based doughs, such as crackers, sweet goods and all but the lowest viscosity powder/liquid mixtures. This mixer offers dough production rates up to 7,500 kg/hour.
- Exact HDX Continuous Mixer is well-suited to ultra-high absorption doughs for buns, breads, English muffins and similar products. This mixer offers dough production rates from 1,500 to 10,000 kg/hour.
- Exact LDX Continuous Mixer is ideal for most types of cookies and other applications where ingredients are blended before flour is added. All ingredients except flour are combined in the crème-up stage, and special mixing elements cut the fat into the other ingredients. The flour is added before the development stage where the final dough is created. This mixer offers dough production rates up to 9,000 kg/hr.
- Exact FX Continuous Mixer is a high-intensity mixer that can be used to produce potato-, corn- and rice-based products and is ideal for hydroscopic powders, such as potato flakes used to make fabricated potato chips, and any other low moisture mixtures. This mixer offers dough production rates from 100 to 1,250 kg/hour.
If you are looking for state-of-the-art production line equipment for your wheat-based snacks, look no further than the leading suppliers of Continuous Mixers – Exact Mixing. Call our Robesonia, Pennsylvania headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816 or contact us online to learn more about our products.