As leading suppliers of production line equipment for hard and soft biscuits and other baked products, Exact Mixing offers an unrivaled range of mixing equipment. Explore the benefits of our Continuous Mixers for improving your baked goods and snack food production process.
Exact Mixing is proud to be a Reading Bakery Systems brand and the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. We have developed Continuous Mixing systems for the biscuit, cracker, cookie, baked snack, sweet goods, pizza, tortilla, pet treat, and bread and buns industries for 25 years. We also offer Continuous Mixing solutions for non-bakery items, such as peanut butter, icing, protein bars, and pet treats.
What is Continuous Mixing?
During Continuous Mixing, ingredients are continuously metered into the mixing chamber and generate a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. The mixing may be done in stages to ensure all ingredients have been properly incorporated.
The ideal mixer for hard and soft biscuits and our most versatile mixer is the MX Continuous Mixer. It is designed for mixing a wide range of products including biscuits, cookies, snacks, cake-style donuts, batters, icings, pastes, peanut butter, pie fillings, and other fat/sugar mixtures. Solid ingredients are quickly blended into solid fat to form a uniform mixture without creating excessive heat. It is also used for products where inclusions are a large portion of the recipe. Inclusions can be added near the exit of the mixer to obtain a uniform mix with no damage.
Exact Mixing also designs and supplies metering systems to almost every Continuous Mixer we supply. Mixers are designed using Loss-in-Weight technology – the most accurate feeding technology available. And all metering and mixing procedures are monitored and initiated by the control system so the operator is always able to confirm and modify as needed.
Advantages of Continuous Mixing
Batch mixing has existed for many more years than continuous mixing. However, the development of improved mixers, control systems, and metering devices over the past decade has resulted in continuous mixing systems that are accurate, reliable, and easy to use and maintain, including in the area of breads, cookies and crackers.
The Continuous Mixing process eliminates the problems associated with batch cycles and produces a consistent product all day, every day. It can accurately deliver raw materials to the mixer at rates high enough to meet the demand of your mixing process.
The many benefits of Exact Continuous Mixing systems include:
- Produces a steady supply of uniform dough with consistent finished product weight, size and texture
- Precise and uninterrupted ingredient metering to the mixer
- Quick and easy changeovers
- Dough is evenly hydrated
- Dough leaves the mixer in usable size loaves without the need for additional equipment
- Eliminates dough variations caused by the batch process
- Eliminates chance of dough contamination
- High production rates with one mixer
- One mixer can feed multiple lines
- Clamshell design makes it easy to sanitize, maintain, clean and inspect
- Automation reduces labor costs
- Smaller footprint than batch mixers, which saves space, money and energy
- Based on higher dough production rates of 2,000 or more pounds/hour, the cost is equal to or less than the cost of a batch mixer
Suppliers of production line equipment for hard and soft biscuits, like Exact Mixing, can help you learn how to improve your industrial snack making process and products with Continuous Mixing equipment. Call us at (01) 610.693.5816 or contact us online today.