Discover the benefits of Exact Mixing’s unparalleled range of industrial mixers for your bakery in Germany and explore how they can improve your products and process.
A Reading Bakery Systems brand, Exact Mixing is the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. For nearly 30 years, we have been solving complex mixing challenges for customers around the globe, helping them eliminate problems associated with batch mixing and produce consistent products all day, every day.
Compare Batch Mixing and Continuous Mixing
Batch mixing has existed for much longer than Continuous Mixing. However, the development of better mixers, control systems, and metering devices over the past decade has resulted in accurate, reliable, and easy-to-use Continuous Mixing Systems.
- Material delivery: The delivery systems used to deliver bulk materials to the mixer are the same for batch and continuous mixing. They are delivered from a source such as a silo or super sack unloader to the mixing receiver by pneumatic transfer. The result is that adding raw materials to a Continuous Mixer is more accurate than with a batch mixer in nearly every case. Manual additions can be accomplished with a ribbon blender.
- Material measuring: Sometimes, weighing equipment and controls are required in order to get the “proper size” batch of ingredients to a batch mixer. However, all metering is done at the mixer itself with a Continuous Mixer. This leads to more automation, greater accuracy, and significant cost savings in the long term.
- Cost: Continuous Mixing has been shown to eliminate the problems associated with batch cycles. At the lowest production rates (500 to 1500 pounds per hour), batch mixing is slightly less expensive than Continuous Mixing. Continuous Mixing is usually less costly at higher rates, and the savings increase along with production rates.
- Usable size loaves: Batch mixers generate large “batches” of dough, and you will need additional equipment to resize them. This may cause time delays and unnecessary exposure to the environment, leading to contamination. In comparison, Continuous Mixers produce a continuous stream of dough that the mixer can automatically slice into loaves.
Exact Continuous Mixer Models
- Exact MX Continuous Mixer: Our most versatile mixer is ideal for many different products, such as cookies, snacks, batters, icings, pretzels, pizza, and pastes. It offers dough production rates of up to 8,000 kg/hour.
- Exact EX Continuous Mixer: This mixer is an excellent choice for stiff, low-absorption, wheat-based doughs, such as crackers, sweet goods, and most low viscosity powder/liquid mixtures. Dough production rates range up to 7,500 kg/hour.
- Exact HDX Continuous Mixer: This mixer is well-suited to ultra-high absorption doughs for breads, buns, English muffins, and similar products. It offers dough production rates from 1,500 to 10,000 kg/hour.
- LDX Continuous Mixer: This mixer is a great choice for most types of cookies and other goods with ingredients that are blended before the flour is added. This mixer offers dough production rates of up to 9,000 kg/hr.
- Exact FX Continuous Mixer: This high-intensity mixer can be used to produce potato, corn, and rice-based products and is well-suited to hydroscopic powders, such as potato flakes used to make fabricated potato chips and other low moisture mixtures. Dough production rates range from 100 to 1,250 kg/hour.
Are you evaluating industrial mixers for your industrial bakery in Germany? Exact Mixing can help you make an educated decision on which type of mixing equipment may best suit your needs. Call us at (01) 610-693-5816 or contact us online to discuss the options.