Running a commercial bakery or even buying industrial bakery machines for a retail outlet such as a restaurant requires a substantial capital investment. If you purchase the wrong types of machines that fail to meet your expectations, you can find your business trying to climb out of a deep financial hole before you produce the first batch of dough.
How do you choose the most efficient industrial bakery machines for your dough production business? For years since the first batch of dough found its way to the end of a production cycle, the batch mixing method for baked goods represented the only way to produce dough using industrial bakery machinery.
In 1994, batch mixers, for the first time, had to fend off a highly capable competitor called continuous mixers.
Exact Mixing, a brand under the Reading Bakery Systems umbrella of companies, opened its first facility in Memphis, Tennessee, in 1994. After the first 14 years of successful results, we joined Reading’s growing stable of companies. Our engineers refined and ultimately perfected the continuous mixing method for producing dough in mass quantities. Our line of continuous mixer models generates volumes that start as low as 50 kg an hour for pastries to more than 10,000 kg per hour to meet the strong demand for products such as chips and cookies.
Exact Mixing has the right continuous mixers to meet your production needs.
What Are the Benefits of Using Continuous Mixers?
The Continuous Mixing process eliminates problems associated with batch cycles and produces a consistent product all day, every day. It can accurately deliver raw materials to the mixer at high enough rates to meet your demand.
There are many benefits of Exact Continuous Mixing systems, such as:
- Produces a steady supply of uniform dough with consistent finished product weight, size, and texture
- Precise and uninterrupted ingredient metering to the mixer
- Quick and easy changeovers
- The dough is evenly hydrated
- Dough leaves the mixer in usable size loaves without the need for additional equipment
- Eliminates dough variations caused by the batch process
- Eliminates chances of dough contamination
- High production rates with one mixer
- One mixer can feed multiple lines
- A clamshell design makes it easy to sanitize, maintain, clean, and inspect
- Automation reduces labor costs
- Smaller footprint than batch mixers, which saves space, money, and energy
- Based on higher dough production rates of 2,000 or more pounds/hour, the cost is equal to or less than the cost of a batch mixer
Get Started Today
We encourage you to see why the continuous mixing process is the best way to create high-quality baked goods and save your business money. Exact Mixing conducts demonstrations of every continuous mixer at our Science & Innovation Center in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania. To determine which of our industrial bakery machines is the right fit for your budget, we recommend using the Exact Mixing Continuous Mixing Calculator to explore different mixing methods.
Reach out to Exact Mixing online or call 610-693-5819 for more information concerning the continuous mixing process and our line of highly-rated mixers.