Continuous Mixers from Exact Mixing enable commercial bakeries to eliminate problems they encounter with batch mixing and produce consistent products all day, every day. We also offer continuous mixing solutions for non-bakery items, such as protein bars, peanut butter, icing and pet treats.
Exact Mixing, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, is the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. Since 1994, we have solved complex mixing challenges for customers across the globe and can help you reduce labor, cut costs, improve consistency, and simplify your mixing process.
What is Continuous Mixing?
Continuous Mixing is the process of continuously metering ingredients directly into the mixing chamber and generating a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. The mixing may be done in stages to ensure all ingredients are properly incorporated.
At Exact Mixing, we design and supply metering systems to almost every Continuous Mixer we supply. Mixers are designed using Loss-in-Weight technology – the most accurate feeding technology available. And all metering and mixing procedures are monitored and initiated by the control system so the operator is always able to confirm and modify as needed.
We offer a variety of mixer models to mix different types of products successfully. Production volumes range from 50 kg/hour to over 10,000 kg/hour. This can be accomplished in an almost employee-free environment, which increases cost savings and value.
Why Consider Continuous Mixing Over Batch Mixing??
Manufacturers choose Continuous Mixing for a variety of reasons that vary depending upon products, processes, recipe, rate and many other factors. The primary advantage of Continuous Mixing in all applications, however, is more consistent dough and a more consistent finished product. This is because, with batch mixing, the time between batches results in post-mixing variations. Continuously mixed dough on the other hand is always the same age when it reaches the next step in the process.
The advantages of Continuous Mixing include:
- Consistent finished product weight, size and texture
- Eliminates variables due to batch process
- Even hydration of dough
- Better integration of minor ingredients
- High production rates with one mixer
- Consistent, steady supply of dough
- Dough leaves mixer in usable size loaves
- One mixer can feed multiple lines
- Self-monitoring and self-correcting system
- Quick and easy changeovers
- Clamshell design makes it easy to sanitize, maintain, clean and inspect
- Can be operated with less labor and energy than batch mixing
- Requires little training to operate, due to its user-friendly interface control panel
- Excellent traceability
- Improves food safety; eliminates chance of contamination
- Simplifies the mixing process and dough feed equipment
- Smaller footprint than batch mixers, which saves space, money and energy
- Achieve verifiable kill temperatures (pet foods)
Try our Continuous Mixing Calculator to explore whether your process is a good fit for continuous mixing. If you would like to see your products being mixed in a continuous process, we encourage you to visit our Science & Innovation Center in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, where pilot versions of all types of Exact Mixers are available.
With 25 years of commercial mixing experience, Exact Mixing offers a range of continuous mixers that are designed to meet your production needs. Call us at (01) 610-693-5816 or click here to contact us online to find out more about our technologically advanced products.