When you need Continuous Mixing equipment that is similar to high shear mixers for powder/liquid mixing in your commercial bakery, Exact Mixing can help you find the right equipment and process solutions to meet your specifications.
Exact Mixing, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, is the leading supplier of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. We are dedicated to solving complex mixing challenges for customers across the globe and have installed more than 100 Continuous Mixers worldwide.
What is Continuous Mixing?
During Continuous Mixing, ingredients are continuously metered into the mixing chamber and generate a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. The mixing may be done in stages to ensure all ingredients have been properly incorporated.
Exact Mixing designs and supplies metering systems to almost every Continuous Mixer we supply. Mixers are designed using Loss-in-Weight technology – the most accurate feeding technology available. And all metering and mixing procedures are monitored and initiated by the control system so the operator is always able to confirm and modify as needed.
Production volumes for our Continuous Mixers range from 50 kg/hour to over 10,000 kg/hour, and mixers can be operated in an almost employee-free environment to increase cost savings and value.
MX Continuous Mixer for Fillings, Icings & Batters
The Exact Mixing MX Continuous Mixer is our most versatile mixer and is well suited for a wide range of products. It is designed specifically for mixing high-fat, high-solid products, such as icings, batters, pastes, peanut butter, muffins, pie fillings, cake-style donuts and other fat/sugar mixtures. Solid ingredients are quickly blended into solid fat to form a uniform mixture without creating excessive heat.
The MX Continuous Mixer is an ideal first stage mixer for processes that require creme up and pre-blend stages. It is also used for products where inclusions are a large portion of the recipe. Inclusions can be added near the exit of the mixer to obtain a uniform mix with no damage. It offers dough production rates up to 8,000 kg/hour.
In addition to the mixer itself, a complete Exact Continuous Mixing system also includes:
- Materials Handling: We work with vendors who specialize in solutions such as dilute phase, dense phase, vacuum and pressure processes. We can also customize input methods to your individual process needs.
- Ingredients Metering: Gravimetric, Loss-in-Weight technology provides precise, uninterrupted dry ingredient metering to the Continuous Mixer. Flowmeters connected to the closed loop control system ensure that liquid ingredients are accurately delivered to the Mixer.
- Minors Blending: To reduce costs, increase flexibility and simplify the process, some minor ingredients are automatically pre-blended before metering.
- Operator Interface: All metering and mixing procedures are monitored and initiated by the control system so the operator is always able to confirm and modify as needed.
- System Monitoring: Automated controls monitor the mixing process to self-correct for any variations in ingredients or temperature.
Looking for alternatives to high shear mixers for commercial bakeries? Explore the benefits of Continuous Mixing equipment from Exact Mixing for your baked goods or snack food production process. Call our Robesonia, Pennsylvania headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816 or click here to contact us online.