When you need mixing equipment for your bakery production line, discover the benefits of Exact Mixing’s unrivaled range of Continuous Mixers and learn how they can improve your baked goods and snack food production process.
Exact Mixing is dedicated to solving industrial mixing challenges for customers around the globe. With our equipment and expertise, we can help you improve product consistency, reduce costs, and simplify your mixing process. We offer a complete line of mixers for a wide variety of food products.
What is Continuous Mixing?
Continuous Mixing continuously meters ingredients directly into the mixing chamber and generates a continuous stream of mixed product at the exit of the mixer. Batch mixing requires you to load ingredients separately for each batch, then mix the dough and discharge it from the mixer before introducing another batch.
Exact Continuous Mixer Models
Almost any product that can be made with a batch mixer can be made on a Continuous Mixer. No single type of batch mixer is ideal for all products, and the same is true for continuous mixers. This is why Exact Mixing offers a range of continuous mixer models that include:
- Exact MX Continuous Mixer is our most versatile mixer and is suitable for many different types of products, such as cookies, snacks, batters, icings, pretzels, pizza and pastes. It offers dough production rates up to 8,000 kg/hour.
- Exact EX Continuous Mixer is a great choice for low-absorption, stiff, wheat-based doughs, such as crackers, sweet goods and all but the lowest viscosity powder/liquid mixtures. This mixer offers dough production rates up to 7,500 kg/hour.
- Exact HDX Continuous Mixer is well-suited to ultra-high absorption doughs for buns, breads, English muffins and similar products. This mixer offers dough production rates from 1,500 to 10,000 kg/hour.
- LDX Continuous Mixer is ideal for most types of cookies and other applications where ingredients are blended before flour is added. All ingredients except flour are combined in the crème-up stage, and special mixing elements cut the fat into the other ingredients. The flour is added before the development stage where the final dough is created. This mixer offers dough production rates up to 9,000 kg/hr.
- Exact FX Continuous Mixer is a high-intensity mixer that can be used to produce potato-, corn- and rice-based products and is ideal for hydroscopic powders, such as potato flakes used to make fabricated potato chips, and any other low moisture mixtures. It offers dough production rates from 100 to 1,250 kg/hour.
A complete Exact Mixing System includes the mixer, blender, materials handling and ingredients metering equipment, plus the control system that monitors and distributes product between them.
See the Mixers in Action
To explore which Exact Continuous Mixing equipment may be right for your products, visit with our team at the Reading Bakery Systems Science & Innovation Center in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, USA.
A dedicated Continuous Mixing area features all of the Exact Mixer models, including the EX Mixer (Single screw), MX Mixer (Twin screw), FX Mixer (High shear), and HDX Mixer (High development). Various size mixers are available for Innovation Center work or in-plant demonstrations.
Our Innovation Center Continuous Mixing area also includes an automated bulk handling system, a horizontal dry blender, gravimetric dry feeders and mass flow liquid systems. Customers can work with our team to test machinery and processing techniques; develop new products; and produce market samples for testing.
If you are interested in production line mixing equipment that will improve the quality of your bakery products, get in touch with Exact Mixing at (01) 610-693-5816, or click here to contact us online.