Continuous mixing is not perfect for every application, but neither is batch mixing. Explore the advantages of Continuous Mixers for your commercial bakery from the experts at Exact Mixing.
Exact Mixing, a Reading Bakery Systems brand, is the leading manufacturer of Continuous Mixing Systems for the food industry. Since 1994, we have solved complex mixing challenges for customers all over the world and have installed more than 100 Continuous Mixers.
Our full line of mixer models and sizes with production volumes that range from 50 kg/hour to over 10,000 kg/hour will successfully mix a wide variety of food products. Continuous Mixing is now a proven solution in the pretzel, chip, baked snack, pastry, sweet goods, cookie, cracker, bars, pizza, tortilla, pet treat, and bread and bun industries.
Advantages of Continuous Mixing
The advantages of Continuous Mixing include:
- Consistent weight, size, and texture of finished product
- Uniform dough hydration
- Better integration of minor ingredients
- Achieve high production rates with one mixer
- Feed multiple lines with one mixer
- Automated self-monitoring and self-correcting system
- Requires less labor and energy than batch mixing
- Quick and easy changeovers
- Clamshell design makes it easy to sanitize, maintain, clean, and inspect
- User-friendly interface control panel simplifies training
- Improves food safety; eliminates chance of contamination
Exact Continuous Mixers
Exact Mixing offers a range of continuous mixer models that include:
- MX Continuous Mixer is our most versatile mixer and is suitable for a wide range of products including cookies, snacks, batters, icings, pretzels, pizza and pastes. This mixer offers dough production rates up to 8,000 kg/hour.
- EX Continuous Mixer is an excellent choice for low-absorption, stiff, wheat-based doughs, such as crackers, sweet goods and all but the lowest viscosity powder/liquid mixtures. This mixer offers dough production rates up to 7,500 kg/hour.
- FX Continuous Mixer is a high-intensity mixer that can be used to produce potato-, corn- and rice-based products and is ideal for hydroscopic powders and any other low moisture mixtures. This mixer offers dough production rates from 100 to 1,250 kg/hour.
- HDX Continuous Mixer is well-suited to ultra-high absorption doughs for buns, breads, English muffins and similar products. This mixer offers dough production rates from 1,500 to 10,000 kg/hour.
- LDX Continuous Mixer is ideal for most types of cookies and other applications where ingredients are blended before flour is added. This mixer offers dough production rates up to 9,000 kg/hr.
We encourage you to try our Continuous Mixing Calculator to explore whether your process is a good fit for Continuous Mixing. To see your products being mixed in a continuous process, visit our Science & Innovation Center in Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, where pilot versions of all types of Exact Mixers are available.
If you are thinking about replacing your batch mixing operation, discover the advantages of Exact Mixing’s unparalleled range of Continuous Mixers and their ability to improve your baked goods and snack food production process. Call our Robesonia, Pennsylvania headquarters at (01) 610-693-5816 or contact us online to learn more.